Galleries and ‘other cultural outlets’ will reopen to the public from July 20th.
Meanwhile here is a King House mini slideshow to serve as a reminder of what will be available to visitors.
Situated in the centre of Boyle, King House has had a varied history over 300 years but is now fully restored. King House was built for Sir Henry King MP (c.1681–1739) between 1720 and 1740. It was subsequently home to Edward King MP (1726–97), first earl of Kingston.During its lifetime many different people have lived in the house and it has had many different roles: as a family home, a military barracks, an office, and even a store. The house retains a seventeenth-century fortified character that must have served it well when it was adopted by the Connaught Rangers and Roscommon Militia at the turn of the nineteenth century