Hopes of a normal Christmas dashed by new restrictions
The measures announced will be implemented from December 7 until January 9.
• The closure of nightclubs;
• That visits to homes over Christmas be kept to people from a maximum of three other households — four households in total;
• The return of strict social distancing in bars and restaurants — table service only and a 1m distance between groups;
• A maximum of six adults per table;
• No multiple table bookings;
• The continuation of a midnight closing time for pubs and restaurants;
• A maximum of 50% capacity for entertainment, cultural, community, and sporting events, which must all be fully seated;
• That Covid passes be required for gyms and leisure centres.