Vention Medical Ireland is a dynamic and rapidly growing manufacturer of sterile medical devices and components for worldwide markets. Based in the North Roscommon town of Boyle, 25 minutes from Sligo Town, the Company is fully integrated covering all aspects of device manufacture from design and development, to sales. We now require a:
The apprentice electrician will work alongside a Qualified Electrician and will engage in the maintenance and repair of the plant, machinery and equipment. They assist with and perform installation and maintenance tasks in order to ensure the production equipment and facilities are available for use.
Minimum Entry Requirements (as per Solas):
The minimum age at which the employment of an apprentice may commence is 16 years of age. The minimum educational requirements are:
- Grade D in five subjects in the Department of Education & Skills Junior Certificate Examination or an approved equivalent, – or
- The successful completion of an approved Pre-Apprenticeship course -or
- Three years work experience gained over sixteen years of age in a relevant designated industrial activity as SOLAS shall deem acceptable
The ideal candidate will:
• Have excellent communication skills with a demonstrable knowledge of basic engineering principles.
• Possess the ability to work in a team environment and also on own initiative.
• Be ready to learn and develop strong health, safety and environment values and principles.
Start Date: TBC
To apply please send Curriculum Vitae to: Lisa McNama, Vention Medical Ireland, Abbeytown, Boyle, Co. Roscommon.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 12th September 2017