A Viewer wrote:
“My beautiful spaniel Molly was killed by poisoning in Knocknashee, Boyle yesterday. Shortly before she died she regurgitated three sausages that she must have found while we were walking together in our field this morning.
The bright yellow colour of the sausages comes from Trodax, often used (illegally) as a bait poison to kill foxes during the lambing season.
The vet confirmed that Molly’s rapid and painful demise was indicative of Trodax poisoning.
I urge all dog owners to be vigilant, and if anybody has any information relating to this crime please contact the Gardaí.”