Know Your Rights


My father has had a stroke and is critically ill. The doctors say that he has very little time left. Am I entitled to leave from work to be with him?
If you have a family crisis, the Parental Leave Acts 1998 and 2006 give an employee a limited right to leave from work. This is known as force majeure leave. You can take force majeure leave where …..

Read More graphic

Know Your Rights: Boyle Citizens Information Centre provides a free and confidential service to the public. Tel: 076 107 6330, Elphin Street, Boyle.