King’s Trail bus tour
I was delighted to be one of those on the King’s Trail inaugural bus tour, accurately billed as “A guided All Day Theatrical Heritage Bus Tour to Roscommon’s most iconic heritage sites, bringing their stories to life and creating an unforgettable experience for all ages”, the surprised-filled tour wonderfully tells “Our Story, Your Journey”.
• The Trail includes Rathcroghan Visitor Centre (Tulsk), Strokestown Park House & National Famine Museum, then continues introducing us to the great love story which would forever connect this great dynasty with their neighbours the King family of Rockingham House, now known as Lough Key Forest Park.
• The Trail concludes in King House, Boyle, with the story of the Connaught Rangers, the birth of the Irish Free State and the end of British Rule in Ireland.
• The modest €30 Adult charge is superb value and includes a tradition food snack break at Rathcroghan as well as lunchtime soup & sandwiches at Strokestown House
• The King’s Trail tour will run each Saturday July 21st to September 8th with a bus leaving at 9.30am from outside King House each Saturday at 9.30am.
• The King’s Trail is an excellent, well-planned, highly enjoyable Saturday guided bus trip to attractions in Co. Roscommon … take it – you’ll love it !!