Welcome to Boyle’s national award-winning website
Please support our Supporters of the Day – Log in daily for recommendations
Abbey Haven Nursing Home • Boles of Boyle • Brogans Pharmacy • An Craoibhin Bar & Restaurant
Important Notice: Knock Parish Church and Apparition Chapel will be closed from Monday 2nd October until April 2018 for necessary refurbishment works. Masses will take place in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel and the Basilica during this time. Find out more about Mass times and locations here: http://bit.ly/2wLWbTA
Dual christenings in St. Joseph’s Church
Sunday 24th September: Sarah Dawn Lange and Cassie Tymon celebrated the christening of their sons Connor and Callum in St. Joseph’s Church this afternoon. Canon Gerry Hanly was the celebrant
Boyle Musical Society “Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat”
Sunday 24th September: Boyle Musical Society held registrations and an initial rehearsal for over 50 children who will be a section of the cast for the society’s production of “Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” that will be staged in St. Joseph’s Church on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, November 23rd, 24th, 25th.
Boyle Parish Church – Green Street, Boyle.
Sunday 24th September: This year’s Harvest Thanksgiving Service was well attended. Guest speaker was Fr. Gerry Hanly
Local ladies in hospital following crash at Doon, Boyle
ICA meeting 8pm on Tuesday 26th September in Tawnytaskin Community Centre … everyone welcome!
Connacht Cup Boys Under 14 First Round – Six of the best as Boyle progress.
Boyle Celtic 6 : Gurteen Celtic 4
Ronan Flanagan wrote : Boyle Celtic U-14s progressed to the second round of the Connacht Cup with a 6-4 win in a thoroughly enjoyable encounter at Celtic Park, Boyle on Saturday morning. Boyle’s slick attacking prowess was prominent throughout, and despite conceding four goals, they always looked like they would create chances.
“Minding shop” for the weekend at the INSIDE [CRAFT] expo in L. Key Visitor Centre
Franziska Lienberger and Geraldine Beirne
Lough Key Parkrun 23rd September
Frankie Simon plays Trad & Original Irish Music on Guitar
Frankie wrote: “It’s approx. 24 years since I recorded an album called “Slipstream”, a CD of trad tunes on guitar. I‘ve now released a 26-track downloadable album online only. The album is called “Ireland West Guitar” consisting of 26 tracks of trad and original tunes, which could be described as trad with a slight “edge”. Underneath the video, there is a link to my website and all 26 tracks, some of them assisted by the masterful playing of Paul Gurney (Accordion), Matt McGranaghan (fiddle) and Paudraig McGovern (Pipes).”
St. Joseph’s Newsletter Update 23rd September
Una Bhan Community Notes
New Garda from Boyle
Speech & Drama classes
Bank of Ireland Breakfast Meeting – Friday 22nd September
• King House Tea Rooms was the venue for a meeting between BOI officials and members of the community.
• Boyle won the BOI Most Enterprising Town Award 2016, and the search is now in progress to bestow the 2017 award.
• The meeting was called to discuss a special event that will take place in Boyle on Friday 6th October (6.30pm with final event at 9pm) to celebrate all that is good and special about our town.
• Press Release and photos to follow
Ardcarne Garden Centre Newsletter
Boyle & District Angling Club
Martin Mitchell Cup 2017 … Sunday 24th. September, Lough Key, 11am-6pm
Facebook/Twitter Updates from our local politicians
Minister Denis Naughten [Facebook…][Twitter…] Eugene Murphy TD [Facebook…][Twitter…] Michael Fitzmaurice TD [Facebook…][Twitter…] Senator Maura Hopkins [Facebook…][Twitter…] Senator Frank Feighan [Facebook…][Twitter…] Luke ‘Ming’ Flanagan MEP [Facebook…][Twitter…] Mairead McGuinness MEP [Facebook…][Twitter…]
Niamh’s Journey There Fundraiser …
Wedding Christina Egan & Paul Dockery
Christina Egan daughter of Maire Egan Paul, Boyle and Paul Dockery son of Ann and Mattie Dockery Creeve, Elphin came home from Wellington, New Zealand to be married in the beautiful surroundings of Lough Key with a champagne and tea reception hosted by Aideen and Michael of The Bazaar in the ubiquitous setting of King House in the Long Gallery (and who had previously organised an evening hen tea party in their Bridge St premises for Christina and her bridesmaids sister Davinia pals Sinead Rush and Amy Barry from Clare). Followed by a sit down reception for the bride and groom’s immediate family in Boyle’s own very regal King House Salon under the benevolent patronage of the bride’s uncle Tommy Egan manager and staff.
• Accomplished pianist Mary Duignan from Carrick on Shannon provided lilting Irish and international airs on the wonderful grand piano in the majestic chamber. Guests travelled from New Zealand, Australia, Kilkenny, Clare, Dublin and were all enraptured and captivated by the unique and historic setting of the former Dockery Barracks now attracting weddings and family events on an ever increasing basis. Christina and Paul continued their epic wedding plans with a visit to the Ploughing championships and her father’s home town of Kilkenny and with Ryanair’s permission onward to Corfu to attend another wedding followed by a stopover in Singapore for a couple of days to complete the diaspora nuptials.
• Maire says we constantly bemoan the lack of a hotel facility but we overlook the incredible and one off local facilities we do have.
Irish Rail: “We’ll consider special Longford-Sligo trains”
Permission granted for Stewarts Distillery
Thursday 21st September: Neil Stewart told me this morning that he is delighted to announce that Planning Permission has been granted to establish a distillery on the site of the former Stewarts Mill, Boyle, subject to 18 conditions.
• When up and running, the distillery will provide additional employment opportunities in the area, and add to Boyle’s worldwide reputation as a centre of excellence
• I understand that some well known screen personalities may be associated with the project
• Details to follow
Carrick Cineplex Friday 22nd – Thursday 28th
Gaelic Chieftain – Wednesday 20th September
Roscommon Solstice Choir
The death has occurred of Richard (Dick) KENNEDY, Abbeyleix, Laois
In the loving care of the staff of Droimnin Nursing Home, Stradbally. Deeply regretted by his loving wife Mary, sons Michael, Brian and Kevin, brother Dan Kennedy (Boyle), daughters-in-law Deirdre, Hazel and Esther, grandchildren, sisters-in-law Mary and Olive, extended family and friends.
• Reposing at Droimnin Nursing Home. Removal on Thursday evening at 7pm to The Church Of The Most Holy Rosary, Abbeyleix arriving 7.30pm. Requiem Mass on Friday at 11am. Burial afterward in St. Patrick’s Cemetery.
• Rest In Peace
Know Your Rights: Small Claims Procedure
Boyle Chamber Lotto Results – Monday September 18th 2017
Numbers drawn: 2, 6, 9, 30
Jackpot winner: None
Match three winners: None (Match 3 €260.00 draw 25/09/2017)
Thank-you to all who support the draw.
Next draw Monday September 25th 2017 at 11.00pm in Clarke’s Bar. Jackpot €9950
Brogans totalhealth Pharmacy
Roscommon Herald – compiled and edited in Boyle – the premier newspaper with a comprehensive dedicated ‘Boyle’ section. Get your copy at newsagents countrywide
Townhouse self-catering, Main Street, Boyle
Spend your mid term, the festive period or just a lovely getaway break in the lovely heritage town of Boyle. The Town House is a perfect venue for a self catering holiday. Luxurious two and three bed apartments finished to the highest standards that can sleep comfortably a family of 5 and 7 and groups of 12. Great for friends, families or groups spending time away together … or need that extra space in town for visiting families or friends!
• Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org : Peter : 087 776 2662
LOOKWELL Dry Cleaners – Special Laundry Offers
Boyle GAA Update 18th September
Run Walk n Roll 2017
Run Walk N Roll 2017, in its 22nd year in Boyle, will take place on Sunday the 15th of October at 3pm at St. Joseph’s Hall Boyle. A percentage of the funds raised this year will be donated to ‘Niamh’s Journey There’ as she continues her difficult journey! Check out this link: https://niamhsjourneythere.wordpress.com The theme of this year’s run is ‘Fight back against Cancer’ so that we all come out and fight against it together, both for Niamh and anyone else who benefits from the funds raised for Cancer Research in Ireland
Contact Damian Regan 086 394 2388
Boyle Golf Club
Results as Follows: 1st Regina McLoughlin, 2nd Ruth Hogg, Gross Peggy Feely, 3rd Paula Cull, Cat 1: Susan O’Mahoney, Cat 2: Mary O’Hara, Cat 3: Sandra McCrann, Past Pres: Moira Egan, 1st Nine Aisling Gaughran, 2nd Nine Mandy Toolan, 9 Hole: Therese O’Daly, Gent’s 1st Tom Kearney, 2nd Sean Heslin, Gross Patrick Egan, 3rd David Wynne
Boyle Celtic under 13
Yeats take the points with early goal…. By Ronan Flanagan
• Sligo Leitrim Boys U-13 Division 1 League
• Boyle Celtic 0 : Yeats United 1
• Yeats United’s early goal made the difference as they defeated Boyle Celtic in the second match of the Sligo Leitrim Boys U-13 Division 1 League.
An Craoibhín – closed for a few days
Available for Babysitting
18 year old Boyle girl available for babysitting weekends. Please contact 086 724 0740 for info
Know Your Rights: Small Claims Procedure
Boyle Primary Care Centre to open its doors on October 9th
Senator Frank Feighan has received confirmation from the HSE that the new Boyle Primary Care Centre will open its doors on Monday, October 9th.
“ The centre, which I helped to secure funding for, will ensure that the local community has improved access to a greater range of health services on their own doorstep and under the one roof. The facility will be the base for the Boyle Primary Care Team and network services, including dental services, public health nursing, occupational therapy and physiotherapy, speech and language therapy, ophthalmology, psychology, counselling services and a new diabetes podiatry service. Bookable rooms will be available for visiting services.
This state-of-the-art health centre is a very positive development for the town of Boyle and the wider North Roscommon area.
I extend my very best wishes to all the management and staff who will begin work there in a few weeks time.”
Contact: Senator Feighan, 086 833 1234.
“Into The Light” – September 14th
Niamh’s Journey There
A short film from Wednesday 6th September in the Mater Hospital, Dublin. Niamh Flanagan (19) is bravely undergoing treatment for Osteosarcoma – a rare form of bone cancer
Carmel’s Skincare & Beauty, The Crescent, Boyle
Boles of Boyle
Stewarts Oil – Monthly Draw
Drumderrig Nursing Home – Experienced Care Assistant Wanted
Piano Teacher in Boyle
Aine wrote: Qualified piano teacher available in Boyle for piano lessons including Royal Irish Academy of Music (RIAM) Grades. Limited spaces available. Please contact 086 396 4911 for booking and further information.
Galilee Community – Tintagh, Boyle (off the N4)
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION each Monday evening in Galilee Community at 7pm
We are reminded continuously to search out opportunities to achieve greater mindfulness in our lives? Years of research and experience have proven that the practice of mindfulness can have a powerful influence on our health, wellbeing and happiness. Our fast paced lifestyles make it seem that the world is moving too fast and we are unable to keep up. Mindfulness seems to be at least one way of helping us cope. Mindfulness helps us to de-clutter our life and bring about a greater clarity in our thoughts and actions.
Boyle Food Partnership
Boyle Food Partnership was established in July 2017, following the realisation that some households are experiencing food shortages due to a lack of money.
• Our food supplies are limited and available to those most in need, those who are going without today … not to replenish a cupboard for an unidentified rainy day.
• We look forward to serving you. If you or anyone you know is going without food due to economic or other hardship, please let them know we are up and running and ask them to get in touch. We will help as best we can.
• This service is confidential. Tel 071 966 3000 or text 086 738 7910. Email email@example.com or Facebook messenger Poverty and Homelessness. All messages will be responded to on the date of receipt.
Boyle Musical Society – Rehearsals started Monday 4th September
Rehearsals for Boyle Musical Society’s forthcoming production of ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ started tonight (Monday), in St. Joseph’s Hall at 8pm. Everybody is welcome to join up for twelve weeks of music, singing, drama, dancing and great fun. As we intend to have the show cast in the next few weeks, we are really hoping for a good turnout at the first rehearsal. ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ promises to be a spectacular production and it will be staged in St. Joseph’s Church, Boyle, from November 23rd to 25th.
realboyle.com supports Ardcarne Garden Cafe
Sunday 3rd September: My Sunday lunch was a delicious Shepherd’s Pie and chips with fresh salad
Realboyle.com supports Boyle Enterprise Centre
The goal of the Centre is to support economic regeneration in the Boyle and North Roscommon area and stimulate much needed job creation. Boyle Chamber of Commerce developed a space where emerging entrepreneurs can locate in an affordable enterprising setting.
• Rates are flexible and affordable with refreshments available on site
• Our Tenants offer a wide range of business services incl, computing, finance, marketing & training. The Centre houses rooms for training, meetings, presentations and product launches.
• Quarry Lane Boyle Co. Roscommon 071 967 3100 firstname.lastname@example.org
Clarke’s Bar & Restaurant, St. Patrick Street, Boyle
Realboyle.com supports Eating out in Boyle
Regular viewers will know that I support Eateries in Boyle like Clarke’s Bar & Restaurant and Tai Chi Chinese. Now I am delighted to show you meal choices in two more very popular Boyle establishments.
An Craoibhín: 6oz Seak Onion Rings & Sauteed, Mushrooms, Pepper Sauce, Salad and Homemade Chips
Piano lessons in Boyle
Experienced 3rd level student available to teach piano including RIAM grade exams. Lessons available on Saturdays with limited places. If interested contact Emily on 086 231 7546 or email me email@example.com
Feighan welcomes funding for Abbey Community College
Senator Frank Feighan has welcomed funding approval from the Department of Education for structural improvements at Abbey Community College in Boyle. In advance of the school term, I am pleased this funding has been approved and the works will proceed once the tendering process has been completed. It is important to note that no details are given in relation to the amount of the grant-aid approved as the publication of the level of funding could prejudice the tendering process. The School Building Unit will issue a detailed letter informing the school of the amount of grant aid sanctioned by the Department.
Filming in Boyle – September
A large film crew will be in action on The Crescent, Main Street and Lough Key Forest Park, Monday 25th-Saturday 30th September, filming Kevin Barry’s “Dark Lies the Island” – stories based in a fictitious County Roscommon town.
Director Ian Fitzgibbon and Location Manager Conor O’Carroll will make welcome returns to Boyle following their Chris O’Dowd “Moone Boy” film shoots a few years ago.
• Detailed Information to follow closer to filming dates
Boyle Model Railway
Only in Boyle?
In answer the queries received regarding the ESB pole in the middle of the Greatmeadow footpath … Yes, I have been informed that it will be removed / relocated before the concrete is poured
Tai Chi Court Restaurant – Open 7 Days 5pm to 11pm
Realboyle.com – supporting Boyle Restaurants
River Lane, Barrack Lane or whatever is its correct name – it looks great at night from Boyle Bridge.
Lough Key Forest Park
Joe Simon Building Supplies
Clarke’s Bar & Restaurant
Lunch – Garnished Leek & Onion Bangers and Mash with a small portion of vegetables (as requested) – delicious!!
Boyle Library Opening Hours
King House, Boyle, F52 HN50
Senior Library Assistant: Matthew Gammon
Tel: 071 966 2800
Tuesday/ Thursday: 1.00pm to 8.00pm
Wednesday/ Friday/ Saturday: 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Boyle Garda Station Opening Hours
Monday – Saturday (Inclusive) 9am – 1pm & 7pm – 10pm
Sunday 11am – 1pm
Please note: On occasion it may be necessary for the Gardai working at the station having to respond to a call or incident of an urgent nature. If this arises, they will have to temporarily close the station in order to respond to the incident.
• In addition to providing increased opening hours this will provide greater uniformity and consistency for the public.
• Gardai wish to thank the people of Boyle and the surrounding area for their continued support.
Caveat / Disclaimer
• This is a PERSONAL website and does not claim to represent or portray an official view.
• There is NO OFFICIAL Boyle website and there is no individual or Boyle organisation with a mandate to represent the entire community.
• Site content is offered in good faith and without intention to hurt or misrepresent.
• Realboyle photographs are © copyright and may not be used without permission.
• Tel: 086 193 5452 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org