St. Joseph’s Church August Newsletter
Sunday 31st July : ‘Cres-ascent 100’
Boyle man Enda Madden will continue his build-up to the Race around Ireland – Irish Ultra Challenge Event (1100km in 68 hrs) with 100 laps of his home town on Sunday 31st July.
• First lap sets off at 9am with the final lap concluding approx 5pm.
• Cyclists of all abilities are welcome to join Enda and support his chosen charity “Downs Syndrome Ireland”. All participants MUST register on the day and helmets are compulsory.
• Each lap, 1 to 100, of Boyle town will include an ascent of the Crescent. First lap sets off at 9am with the final lap concluding approx 5pm.
• Under 18s must be accompanied at all times.
Sunday 31st July : Ardcarne Garden Cafe
Sunday Music Afternoon in Ardcarne Garden Cafe. Next sunday 31st July 2pm to 4pm. Cath and Phil Tyler.
Old time style folk songs that blend the English and American rustic ballad traditions. They accompany their clear mountain-high harmonies with Banjo, Guitar and Fiddle.
Saturday 31st July : Boyle GAA present €11,900 to lotto winner
Congratulations to Padraig Sweeney, Drumshambo who won the club’s lotto jackpot of €11,900 held in Clarke’s Bar on 9th July. Club chairperson Martin Dolan presented Padraig with a winner’s cheque at a special event in Boyle GAA Clubrooms on Saturday 31st July.
• Padraig and Joan are parents of the acclaimed Leitrim Singer Gavin Sweeney
Piano lessons in Boyle
Piano lessons in the Boyle area, Contact Niamh on 086 895 0864
Tadhg TV – Update 30th July
The Moylurg Inn, Bridge Street
Saturday nite: LADY VEGAS playing out on Bridge Street from 10 o’clock : While we have KARL MOFFATT and his band playing inside at 11 till 1.30am
Sunday nite: we have THE OUTFIT kicking off at half 10 rocking the streets of Boyle ….
Free family fun day Sunday …weather permitting
Time for ‘bye ‘bye July
On this penultimate day of July let’s welcome August, the eighth month of our year and one of seven months with a length of 31 days. August month-long observances for you :-
• In Catholic tradition, August is the Month of the Assumption of Mary.
• National Goat Cheese Month (United States)
• National Panini Month
• National Water Quality Month (United States)
Magees Fashion Shop, Main Street, Boyle
Tony Conboy “An Oblique View”
Carrick Cineplex Friday 29th to Thursday 4th August
Tommy Emmanuel in Boyle
Thursday 28th July: I had the honour of spending time with world acclaimed guitarist/entertainer, Tommy Emmanuel. Tommy was en-route to play a sell-out gig in Sligo’s Hawkswell Theatre following his previous night’s full house in Dublin’s National Concert Hall. Tommy had previously played three concerts in The Moving Stairs, Boyle and remained as a friendly contact with Barry Lowe. In Barry’s house, Tommy was delighted to enjoy a favourite traditional Bacon & Cabbage lunch. Tommy said he loves this part of Ireland, its clean fresh air and hearty welcoming everywhere he goes. Australian by birth, Tommy now lives in Nashville, Tennessee.
• Moments enjoyed during his Boyle visit included meeting with Barry and Ann, his former B&B hosts Brenda & Gerry McCormack, Frankie Simon, Brendan O’Dowd and the tunes played for him by Boyle’s Tom McGlynn. Tommy Emmanuel played brilliantly for us on Tommy McGlynn’s Esquire Strat guitar before reluctantly heading away with a promise that he will return..
View Tommy Emmanuel’s latest Facebook Video [here…]
Boyle Debs 2016
Wednesday 27th July was a special day for our Debs 2016. A great opportunity for girls and boys to dress up before heading for their special night out in Carrickmacross
James Woods Darts Competition
Friday 29th July: The James (Lal) Woods Memorial Darts Competition in the Moylurg Inn. First prize €150 plus memorial cup (sponsored by the Woods family) and second prize €100 (sponsored by the Woods family). All proceeds in aid of Roscommon Mayo Hospice. This will be an 8pm start with boards open from 7.30pm. Entry fee will be €10 per player with raffle and spot prizes on the night. For further information call 086 734 2251.
Taize Prayer with Galilee Community
There will be an hour of Taize Prayer with GALILEE COMMUNITY on Friday, July 29th from 9pm to 10pm. This will be an opportunity to pray for peace in our world with scripture, lights, music and silence.
• Sisters of Mercy, Galilee Community, Tintagh, Boyle, Co Roscommon
• Phone: 071 966 4101 | Email: email@example.com | Website: www.galilee.ie
Unveiling Congo Plaque in Boyle Library
Wednesday 27th: Boyle Ex-Servicemen unveiled a plaque in memory of those from the Boyle area who served with the the United Nations, 1960-1964 in the Congo, Central Africa.
Boyle Courthouse 2016 Plaque
Boyle Old IRA Committee Event: The new Feelystone-sponsored Centenary 1916-2016 Plaque was unveiled on, Wednesday 27th July at a special ceremony in front of the Courthouse. An Irish Army Colour party and a piper were present, alongside Frank Soldice, Journalist and author of “Grandpa The Sniper”.
Una Bhan Community Notes – Update 28th July
Boyle Horse & Summer Show Launch
The official launch of this year’s Boyle Horse and Summer show will take place on Friday August 5th at 8pm in Boyle Enterprise Centre on Quarrylane. We welcome our school competition winners Anna Mc Grath (Grange NS) and Brona Mulrennan (Scoil na nAingeal Naofa, Boyle) who designed the cover for our booklet and Liam Mc Keon (Abbey CC) who designed our beautiful poster, who will be presented with their prizes.
• This year’s show will be packed full with entertainment for all family members with several new categories and classes including Horse showing, Junk Couture, Pixie, Fairy and Elf fancy dress as well as many of our usual competitions in Horse Jumping, Dog show, Horticulture, Baking and Arts/Crafts. Show will take place on GAA training grounds in Abbeytown on August 21st. Our program is available from Una Bhán Office at King House and check out the Boyle Summer Show facebook page for all updates.
• Refreshments provided at official launch and all are welcome.
The death has occurred of Charlotte FEELY (née O’Connor)
Bagenalstown, Carlow, In St. Luke’s Hospital, Kilkenny, Sister-in-law of Barry Feely and Veronica O’Connor, Boyle
May Charlotte Rest in Peace
Reposing at her residence on Thursday from 5pm followed by removal on Saturday morning, arriving at St. Andrew’s Church, Bagenalstown for Funeral Mass at 11am. Burial afterwards in the Cemetery of the Assumption, Bagenalstown. Rosary will be recited on Friday at her residence at 7pm. Family flowers only please. Donations if desired to the Alzheimer’s Society. House strictly private on Saturday morning please.
Best Wishes from Boyle GAA
Boyle GAA Club extends best wishes to the Roscommon Minors and Boyle representative Roisin Wynne who play Meath in the All-Ireland Football final on Saturday in St. Loman’s GAA pitch, Mullingar. Throw-in is at 2pm.
Leitrim Barge Holiday Boatel
Mary and Jorn will be pleased to welcome you and your friends on board “Lovely Leitrim” tonight (Thursday) from 6pm at Boyle Harbour
• Last night (Wednesday) I enjoyed the hospitality and exquisite tapas and drinks on the Leitrim Barge Holiday Boatel. Mary and Jorn were our hosts on this relatively new concept of “a unique accommodation experience for any traveller, couple, or friends. Enjoy the perfect holiday, cruise the river Shannon on our luxury barge boatel with Lovely Leitrim Barge Holidays, Ireland.”
• A happy encounter led me to meet up with Mary and Jorn who live year round on their 50ft barge Froya, on the Shannon/Erne waterways. Their combined passion for the waterways, barging, food, and entertaining makes them ideal hosts. Both have years of experience from catering for film and TV productions. From Killnaskully to You’re a star, Failte Towers and the 2007 Nicholas Roeg directed “Puffball”.
• View some realboyle.com photos [here…]
Boyle Harbour waste bins
Despite the warning sign (above) a number of people saw a lady driving a 131 Reg Car take a bag of rubbish from her car at lunchtime yesterday (Wednesday) and deposit it in one of the Boyle Marina waste bins.
Hot & Spicy Indian & Fastfood Takeaway
Boyle Arts Festival 2016 – opening night Thursday 21st July
Gerry Kielty, Perpetua McGee, Irene Madden and Christine Kelly
“A little late and a week old”, you might say. I thought I have published this album last weekend! Anyway, better late than never, here are some photos from the BAF 2016 opening night in addition to the previous 140 Festival 2016 photos published on realboyle.com.
Know your rights : Part-time work and social welfare payments
Pure Flowers, Boyle – Chantelle Kennedy
A visit to Pure Flowers beside the Bridge on Bridge Street will convince you that only the very finest, longer lasting blossoms are stocked and that a Chantelle Creation is a thing to behold … and be held. Quality, a friendly welcome and superior products are the stock-in-trade at Pure Flowers … Enjoy”
Fair Days In Boyle
For you, a beautifully written, historically important glimpse into Fair Days in Boyle. Christy’s articles could profitably be read to school students … and dare I say it … amended and occasionally read instead of some Sunday Mass sermons. Each of Christy’s articles recalls people and memories from times long gone, times that should never be forgotten – times when good was good and bad was bad, long before many of the ‘grey areas’ took over and replaced a higher code of ethics.
MK Financial, Hot Topic #20: Whole of Life Insurance Plan
Boyle Courthouse 1916 – 2016 Centenary Plaque
Boyle Old IRA Committee Event: The new Feelystone-sponsored Centenary 1916-2016 Plaque will be unveiled tomorrow evening, Wednesday 27th July at a special ceremony in front of the Courthouse starting at 5pm. An Irish Army Colour party and a piper will be present, alongside Frank Soldice, Journalist and author of “Grandpa The Sniper”, (Frank’s grandfather). All are invited to attend.
Boyle Chamber Lotto Results, Monday July 25th
• Numbers drawn: 2, 11, 13, 20
• Match Three winners: G. Dwyer, Martina, J.J. Q/A. M/S. C.
• Jackpot winner: None
Thankyou to all who support the draw
Next draw Tuesday August 2nd at 11.00pm in Creighton’s Bar. Lotto Jackpot €18,010
Boyle Camera Club launch Expo 2016 alongside Boyle Arts Festival
Boyle Library is the location for Boyle Camera Club’s annual Arts Week Exhibition, which is one of the Visual Art expos in Boyle for BAF 2016.
Roscommon Herald 26th July
• Brian Farrell’s subject for this week’s ‘Snapshots’ feature is the iconic Boyle lady Frances McGee (Marians Fashions) who will be 90 in November
• Senator Maura Hopkins is quoted in an article that includes – The spiralling costs of motor insurance, which is placing a “massive burden” on motorists has been branded ‘scandalous’
• Grant of €3,000 awarded by the Irish Geogial Society to support roof repairs to Boyle Courthouse
• Feighan raises extension to Garda Station opening hours.
• John Mulligan writes “Politicians not aligned with electorate (ref: Boyle’s new Promary Day Care Centre)
• Boyle Arts Festival committee lauded by former president
• Unveiling of 1916-2016 plaque on Boyle Courthouse at 5pm on Wednesday 27th July
• John Mulligan in conversation with Gerry Boland – a two page Q&A special
• Editor Christina muses ‘Too Posh to Parent’, a soon-to-be Channel 4 documentary
Trump to buy King House?
Sensational news: Donald Trump says he wants to buy King House and some other properties in Boyle. “Yes” he told a BW reporter, “It may have been a house fit for a King, so it will surely be fit for a President?” “I believe Roscommon Co Council will be delighted, and the cash will mean they won’t have to plunder funds from Leader” he said before playing his Trump Card … “Shur I might even buy the ould Royal Hotel” boom boom !!!
• Let’s hope he doesn’t take the King House wall and rebuild it between the US and Mexico…
Bono for Boyle???
S-h-h-h!!! At this early stage I cannot confirm reports that a certain ‘superstar’ visited Boyle over the weekend and is in negotiations with Boyle Arts Festival Committee for a possible gig here during BAF 2017. Overheard … “I’ve been everywhere, so why not Boyle?” was a question posed in a King House Tearooms conversation!!
Ardcarne Garden Centre
Welcome to this week’s Newsletter : Hydrangeas – Plant now for Instant Colour : Feed your lawn NOW and see the results in days : Jobs for the week
Boyle Golf Club Update 25th July
Malachy Costello Exhibition on Main Street
Margie Dunne Exhibition in The Shambles (off Bridge Street)
Time lapse video
Time lapses from various locations in Boyle town and the surrounding area including Lough Key Forest Park and Lough Key, courtesy of Gvido Roze (Riga, Latvia).
BAF Open Art Exhibition 2016
View a selection of the many works on display in the Open Art Exhibition, Boyle Parochial School, Military Road
30 years a-learning …
Ardcarne Garden Centre Supremo Ronan O’Conghaile might be smiling, but might be saying “get out of here with that camera” !!
Politicians at large …
All of our politicians have issued several Press Releases recently. It is certainly good to know that they are all keeping well and lobbying our our behalf …
Minister Denis Naughten [read more…]
Eugene Murphy TD [read more…]
Michael Fitzmaurice TD [read more…]
Senator Frank Feighan [read more…]
Senator Maura Hopkins [read more…]
Boyle Flowers 2016
This beautiful display on the Crescent was planted by Mandy Toolan, Donal O’Connor, Brian Kelly and Tidy Towns volunteers and is watered daily by Teresa Ward. The flower box was made by Boyle Mens Shed
Mixed Visions Art Show 2016
The Mixed Hues Artist Group have a special expo of their latest works for BAF 2016 in the basement of the Family Life Centre Building on Military Road
Eating Out in Boyle
Tai Chi Chinese Restaurant – Beef Black Pepper with Veg, including some tasty, crunchy Brocollini
Style, Mary McAleese, the brilliant Jawbone group, Castlerea Inflatables, loads of photographs and heavy rain will be my memories following last night’s Opening Night launch of Boyle Arts Festival 2016. The rain didn’t take from what was a very enjoyable encounter with old friends, new friends and some wonderful art … but more about all of these in pictures later. I will also have photos of the night’s other visual art launches – Mixed Visions (Family Life centre), Boyle Camera Club in Boyle Library and Boyle Open Art Exhibition in the Parochial School
Boyle Arts Festival 2016
View some of the many art works on display in King House as part of Boyle Arts Festival 2016, 21st – 31st July
Viewing images here on the Internet does not give you an idea of the scale and full beauty of the art pieces, so I recommend you view these and the entire collection (for free) in King House
Boyle Country Meats
KinderKare Pre-School Re-opening September 2016
Free Pre-school 9.30am-12.30pm, Monday to Friday. Limited spaces available, Children aged 3 years to 5½ years. Booking enquiries (2pm-6pm) Teresa 087 915 2825 -or- Eilis 086 051 6980
Drumanone Dolmen – pre 2000 BC
Location: From Boyle take the R294 (Tubbercurry Road) west for almost three kilometres after crossing under the railway bridge you will see a cottage on your right with a narrow lane running North, park here and walk to the top of the lane, there is a gate with a warning sign as you are about to cross the railway line, the tomb is in a field immediately to your left. Please be careful
Funding, Mentoring and Advice …
Financial Support, Funding and Mentoring are topics familiar to entrepreneurs as they contemplate setting up a new business. Here in Boyle we have access to at least eight agencies that can help.
Four Start-ups pending in Boyle
Two Fastfood traders, one Bar and a Pre-school are set to reopen in Boyle. I will follow with details and photographs as appropriate …
Information Please … (reposted)
There is a gap in my knowledge of the area concerning information that would be vital for a potential investor …
1. What is the trained/untrained labour pool in the area?
2. What or how many buildings are ‘business ready’ in the area, and what size are they? … and are there recommended Green Field sites with Planning Permission?
3. There is a sizable Boyle diaspora worldwide. Have the Chamber of Commerce / Boyle TM / Boyle Town Team contacted any of them with a view to relocating back to Boyle?
Perhaps some of our ‘in the know’ folks will answer the questions for me in the interests of the welfare of our beloved Boyle. As always, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roma Grill Pizzas – we’re on The Crescent, Boyle
Brogans totalhealth Pharmacy
King House Tea Rooms
Senator Feighan – Boyle Garda Station opening hours
Senator Frank Feighan has raised the issue of extending Boyle Garda Station’s opening hours with the Minister for Justice and Equality, Frances Fitzgerald.
McAleese Collection – items added
Fergus Lyons: Artist
Did you know?: Some time ago, An Post commissioned four paintings by Keash resident/artist Fergus Lyons on the theme of Irish Myths and Legends for a set of Irish Postage Stamps
Fergus is recognised as a leading Irish Painter and has lived in this area for many years and was a founding member of the Cé Arts Festival that preceded Boyle Arts Festival. Paintings created by Fergus hang in prestigious galleries worldwide and in a few Boyle homes. Fergus is a quietly-spoken frequent customer at the Saturday 10am-2pm Courtyard Market on King House grounds.
• Currently, Fergus is working on a set of Sligo Landscape paintings that will be displayed in Sligo’s Yeats Gallery
What to do in the Garden this week
Trees, Shrubs and Roses: Flowers: Lawn: Fruit, Vegetables and Herbs: Greenhouse and House Plants
For expert information and advice. please call to Ardcarne Garden Centre, Ardcarne, Boyle. Telephone 071 966 7091
Upskill, Get Certified, Get Job Ready, at Learning Link
Drop in to us on Tuesday or Wednesday next Tuesday, 19th & 20th July (Elphin Street, Boyle) anytime between 10am and 4pm and find out more about our Information Technology Fulltime Courses. Past and Current students have the following to say about training in Roscommon Learning Links “Relaxed Learning Environment/Keeps their minds active/Learn New Skills/Enhance their Job prospects” and are actually enjoying a routine and structure in their lives! Take a few minutes next Tuesday or Wed (19th or 20th) to find out more and see whether or not it might be for you or call Siobhan on 071 966 4510.
Marians Fashions – Autumn 2016
Darren Purcell Video – From Above
Pure joy and Boyle goodness captured by Darren Purcell, Visionary Photography, Boyle
Boyle Flowers 2016
This hanging flower basket arrangement on Boyle Bridge deserves pride of place in our ‘Boyle Flowers 2016’ album …
Boyle GAA Monster Auction
Some of the items to be auctioned include: furniture (3-piece suite, coffee tables, table and chairs), vouchers for Beauticians, Barbers, Hairdressers, Mens clothing, Hotel break, Car servicing, English higher level leaving cert grinds, signed Joe Canning Hurley, signed Roscommon Jersey, bags of turf, timber, pass for the races, bottles of spirits, 20 pints of beer, pass for Zip-it, yearly passes to Lough Key, Jewellery and voucher for Vets practice and a completed Will by Solicitor.
If any business or individual would like to donate new/nearly new furniture, services or any item we could auction please ring or text Shane 086 880 3626 or Mary 086 821 1683.
The Co. Roscommon population has increased by 371 according to preliminary Census 2016 figures. The figures show that the population of the county now stands at 64,436; up from 64,065 in 2011. The figure is comprised of 32,316 males and 32,120 females. Further analysis to follow.
• Ireland’s population has increased and more – 8 things you need to know from Census 2016 …
In a New York church a man spots a golden telephone with a sign which reads “$10,000 a minute.” A priest says to the man “This golden phone is a direct line to Heaven and if you pay, you can talk directly to God!!”
Later in St. Joseph’s Church, Boyle, there is also a golden telephone with the sign “Calls: 35 cent.”
Fascinated, the man says to Fr. Gerry. “Father, I have been in cities all across the world and in each church I have found this golden telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to God, but, in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads 35 cent a call. Why?”
Fr. Gerry, smiling benignly, replies, “Son, you’re in Boyle now … it’s a local call !!!
Boyle Flowers 2016
Cesh Corran B&B on Abbey Terrace
Breakfast in Boyle
Breakfast in King House Tearooms – Poached Eggs, Bacon, Tomato garnished with Parsley … tea and toast on the side … Yes, it was tasty and very well presented. The old statement “You eat first with your eyes” certainly applies!!
• Whether one likes it or not, photos of meals are relevant to our lives, and Eating Out In Boyle can be a joy. Ever since realboyle.com came to your screens, I have published selected photos to an album called “Eating Out In Boyle”. Some of the restaurants have closed since and others have opened, but you can view the photo album …
Boyle Flowers 2016
Boyle Flowers 2016
Boyle Tidy Towns, volunteers, traders and householders have been spending quality time beautifying our town. Currently the new flower bed on The Crescent is taking shape as you can see from this latest 12th July photo and will look gorgeous in the very near future. Well done to all involved in presenting Boyle so very well.
Boyle Camogie (Facebook) wrote: “Well done to all our Under 8 girls who played their first game yesterday evening in the Abbey Park. Congratulations to you all for being part of Boyle’s first ever Camogie match! Everyone enjoyed themselves and were great sports. Athleague were very impressed will all our budding Roscommon camogie players. Thank you to all supporters who came along to cheer us on & to everyone who helped out. Mainistir na Buille Abú !!!”
An Craoibhín – a friendly welcome awaits you
Open for drinks, breakfasts, lunches and evening meals, 7 days a week and sending very best wishes to Boyle Arts Festival.
• Come join with us and favourite musician Dave Byrne for songs you will know on Sunday 24th July … see you there!
Boyle Courthouse Golf Classic
Roscommon 2012 – Croghan
Back in 2012 I took photos in twelve Co. Roscommon towns/villages. Now that a ‘summer of sorts’ is with us. it is high time I updated some locations for a forthcoming “Then and Now” feature on realboyle.com. To view “Then”, please click on a named town/village: Croghan, Ballaghaderreen, Ballyleague, Boyle, Castlerea, Cortober, Elphin, Frenchpark, Knockcroghery, Monksland, Roscommon, Strokestown.
Boyle Flowers, ‘Summer’ 2016
Magees Fashion Shop on Main Street. This is one of many luxuriant floral displays in Boyle at the moment. I will add more photos as the week progresses.
Eating Out – Sunday lunch in Boyle
Clarke’s Bar & Restaurant, St. Patrick Street, Boyle
Lunch MONDAY-SATURDAY from 12.30pm : Evening meals THURSDAY-MONDAY from 5pm
We will increase opening hours during Arts Festival week. Thank you to everyone for their continued support.
Kind Regards, Alison Clarke, 087 987 7813, 071 966 2064
Boyle Summer Flowers 2016
Thanks to the dedicated work of our Tidy Towns volunteers with financial assistance from the government-funded Boyle Town Team, flowers, hanging baskets and Boyle Mens Shed flower boxes are outstanding features in various parts of town at the moment. Additionally, several of our traders and householders have added summer colour to Boyle with carefully chosen and well maintained displays on our streets. Over the coming weekend, I will feature an album called “Boyle Summer Flowers 2016”.
Below, volunteers Mandy and Donie may be seen devoting more than a fair share of time and expertise at the site of a soon-to-be new flower bed.
Summer Sales now in progress
No Cinema in Boyle!!
Londoner (on family holiday in Boyle):
“We go to the cinema and swimming pool regularly, just 15 minutes from home and its a pity there are neither cinema or pool in Boyle”
“From Boyle you can be at a cinema and pool in 15 minutes along the peaceful traffic-free N4 instead of your stop-start anxious drive through the streets of London”
“Thank you, I never thought of it that way” “Hey family, we’ll do the cinema and pool later this week after enjoying Boyle”
Birthday congratulations to Bridie Beirne
Bridie Beirne, St. Patrick Street, pictured here with Alison Clarke O’Shaughnessy celebrated her 96th Birthday with lunch in Clarke’s Bar & Restaurant, and ” to celebrate, I might have glass of shandy and a cigarette afterwards” Bridie told me.
Eating Out in Boyle – Clarke’s Bar & Restaurant – Guinness Beef Stew, Veg & Chips lunch
Boles of Boyle – Sale now in progress
BARGAINS GALORE – Half Price Clearance Sale … Dresses, Special Occasion Jackets & Separates, Menswear, Sandals and Shoes
Stewarts Oil / Boyle Arts Festival / Phil Coulter
St. Joseph’s Church – Newsletter for July 2016
Created by two artists in an intimate rural setting, this garden combines productivity, ornamental planting and permaculture – an eclectic mix of planting and sculpture, this 16 year old garden is still developing. Open 11am until 5pm on Saturday 30th July, 21st August and 11 September. On R361 Boyle – Frenchpark, right after Saddlers Inn. After approx 2.5km keep right on big bend, take 2nd lane on Right. Entrance just after first cottage. Saffron Thomas and Ian Stanley 086 869 1141 Ardsoran, Lisserlough, Boyle.
MK Financial : Hot Topic #17 : Reasons to Invest in a Pension – Part 2
Boyle Chamber of Commerce
While Boyle Chamber is, in my opinion, remiss in not communicating frequently with the public in general and other local media, their work is ongoing and appreciated. Over the last year, different projects included:
• New Boyle TM/Chamber Website
• Continuous liaison with Roscommon County Council & Leader Partnership, Boyle Town Team and Courthouse Committee, Inland Waterways & Blueway
• Supported Bank of Ireland Business & Community Expo & Major Events in Boyle
• Supported Railing at Plunkett Avenue Famine Graveyard
• New Christmas Lights & Feature pieces for Boyle
• Increased traffic to Boyle from Lough Key through Lough Key Shuttle Bus, which this summer is being replaced with financed Local Link Route Service
• The restoration and installation of the old Blackstone Single Fly-Wheel with its historic Link to the town.
• Supporting Town Enhancements
• Two iconic buildings-Boyle Abbey and Church of Ireland are both lit through Boyle Chamber funds.
• 7 New businesses now occupy space in Boyle Enterprise Centre
Boyle Town Team
Volunteers from various community groups, town and district businesses and other community activists attempting to improve Boyle and the surrounding area.
• Powerwash local monuments
• Display scenic murals in derelict buildings
• Fund the purchase of plants for Boyle Tidy Towns
• Investigate stage one of a town CCTV system
• Fund new additions to the Christmas lights
• Fund the Christmas shop local campaign.
Chaired by Brian Nerney, secretary Justina Gavin and committee: John Cummins, David Gunning, Trevor Conroy, Tish Golden, Sinead Devine, Martin Connolly, Cecil Draper, Mervyn Boles, Bodo Funke, Frank Geelan, Dara Callaghan, Alison Clarke, Siobhan Gallagher.
Boyle Celtic Summer Soccer School 8th-12th August
Caveat / Disclaimer
• This is a PERSONAL website and does not claim to represent or portray an official view.
• There is NO OFFICIAL Boyle website and there is no individual or organisation with a mandate to represent the entire community.
• Site content is offered in good faith and without intention to hurt or misrepresent.
• Realboyle photographs are © copyright and may not be used without permission.
• realboyle.com is the only national award-winning website in the area, and is compiled and edited by Sean O’Dowd
• Tel: 086 193 5452 Email: email@example.com