For inclusion on realboyle.com please email details of your
upcoming events to firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 086 193 5452
Paella & Wine, Daly's Lounge
Valentine's Weekend Special, Friday 12th February
Paella choices were delicious Seafood or Chicken and Chirizo
Mary (May) Ward R.I.P.
Mary (May) WardPlunkett Nursing Home, Boyle and late of Behy, Boyle, Co. Roscommon. Friday, February, 12th in her 89th year at Sligo University Hospital.Predeceased by her brother Lewie.
• Reposing at Mahons funeral home, Boyle on (sun) eve from half past four until six o’clock with removal to St. Joseph’s Church, Boyle, arriving at seven o’clock. Mass of Christian Burial on (mon) at eleven o’clock with funeral afterwards to Ballinameen cemetery.
MAGEES FASHION SHOP
Fantastic Friday 12th February, Great bargains instore. €20, €30 and €40 bargain rails. Up to 70% off selected stock.
This week's headers for your consideration: Win for Roscommon in Killarney : O’Rourke Cup Division One League : GAA Errata : The death of Mayo’s Father Peter Quinn : Liverpool Fans and ticket Prices : Rugby : Shane Curran Joins the Race
The Big Four Election Debate on Newstalk FM
For a start, it wasn't a debate in the traditional sense of the word. No, just a cacophany of sound, a harsh discordant mixture of verbal noise, a big yawn. The cackling of geese would have been more pleasant, and understandable. You may say I am getting old, but after 30 minutes I could take no more, so I pressed the OFF switch ... emphatically! • Noreen Wrote: "They all needed to go back to primary school and only speak when they are holding the teddy!!!"
New Chamber of Commerce/Boyle Town and More website goes live
Boyle Chamber are delighted with the enhanced & updated website for Boyle Town, including Attractions, Activities, Events, Where to Stay & What to do. The Website, we hope will be a comprehensive guide for both the potential visitor, the tourist and the community. Boyle Chamber are asking all business to take a look at the site and ensure they are included and also ensure their contact information is correct. The information has been collated and input on a voluntary basis, and we cannot take responsibility
for omissions or errors but are very happy to rectify once notified. Should you need to contact us please do so by e-mailing email@example.com. There is no charge to have your business or activity listed and we do hope the town is happy with the site.
Boyle Country Meats
Fall in Love With Boyle Weekend
Honey Beef Chilli - Tai Chi Court Restaurant, Boyle
Valentines will be a very special weekend in Boyle with loads of activity and special offers from traders all over town.
• I kick-stared my weekend in the Tai Chi Court Restaurant with a delicious Honey Beef Chilli with Egg Fried Rice, followed by a dessert of Patricia's Homebaked Bailey's Cheesecake
• Sure -- I'm putting Lent on hold for the weekend and have plans for foodie delights: ... Friday Lunch in Clarke's Bar & Restaurant, and later the Paella event in Daly's Lounge ... Saturday breakfast in town followed by a trip to the Farmers Market for Homebakes and Organic Vegetables before a visit Boyle Country Meats on Main Street for my Sunday Roast.
• Might see you for a hello if you are in town ...
Boles of Boyle
Setting a very high standard of window dressing for this Valentine's Weekend ... full off love and looking forward to the end of winter!
• I hope to take more photos of Valentine-themed window displays for you to view. As they say, "Watch This Space".
"It's YOUR MOVE" Operation Transformation
Abbey Community College Boyle: "This year Operation Transformation launched a very special campaign in conjunction with PEAI. 80% of Irish teenage girls are not getting the recommended level of physical activity, with some inactive for up to 20 hours a day. To reverse this negative trend and get girls thinking about the importance of physical activity for the physical and mental health this campaign is for teenage girls by teenage girls.
In our school the Fifth Years learned the routines first and then taught them to the 1st and 2nd yr groups with teachers getting involved, Ms. Hannon, Ms. McManeny, Mr. Greaney and Mr. O’Connor."
Jenny Jessop (O'Dowd) exhibition
"To all my friends, my first solo exhibition, titled Grounded, opens on the 25th of February and will run until 25th March. Please join me for the opening from 6 till 8 on Thursday the 25th!.(Refreshments from 6pm) Jenny xx"
• If you are living in the Melbourne area, call in and browse
Parents Association St Josephs BNS
"We the Parents Association from St. Josephs B.N.S. would like to invite everyone to our Annual Book Fair from Tuesday 23rd February to Friday 26th February. Profits from our Book Fair are used to stock our fabulous library. We will have books/stationary for every age group. We will be open for sales at the following times in the school.
• Tuesday 23rd February morning 9.00am – 9.30am
• Wednesday 24th February morning 9.00am - 9.30am
• Thursday 25th February morning 9.00am - 9.30am
• Thursday 25th February afternoon 3.00pm – 4.30pm
• Friday 26th February morning 9.00am – 9.30am Please come our and support our Book Fair."
Dennis P. (Dan) Sheridan
Dan is shown here at work in the signal cabin, Boyle rail station
Dan is fondly remembered by family, his many friends, associates and all who came in contact with him. Dan died on Sunday 22nd July 2007
Boyle Golf Club update
Frank Feighan TD speaks in the House of Commons
Carmel's Skincare & Beauty
Enhance Health & Beauty
Extracts from St. Joseph's Church Newsletter
• Lent: Ash Wednesday is the 10th February. Mass Times for Lent are 10a.m. and 6.15p.m. Monday to Friday.
• St. Joseph’s Young Priests Society: A meeting of St. Joseph's Young Priests Society will be held after the 10a.m. Mass on Wednesday 10th February.
• Trócaire Boxes: Your generosity over the years have allowed Trócaire to work with the most vulnerable of our society. This year the theme of Trócaire’s campaign is ‘Join The Fight For Justice’. Trócaire boxes are available at all the Church doors, please take one home.
St. Patrick's Day Parade
Just 6 weeks until the Boyle St. Patrick’s Day Parade takes
place and the first meeting in preparation for what promises to be a
spectacular day was held last evening in Clarke's Bar. Special welcome to the
many publicans who have committed to help in the organisation of the event, An
Craoibhin, Clarkes, Creightons, Wynnes and The Moylurg. The working group
expressed their delight at new members getting involved and expressed their
sincere gratitude to Alice Mattimoe for her dedication over the last 20 years
to the Boyle Parade and their sadness at her leaving us. The Parade will take
place on St Patrick's Day Thursday 17th March at 3pm.
• Entry of Floats to our Parade is free,
however if any float wishes to make a donation it will be gratefully accepted.
Over the coming weeks our organisers will be calling to Businesses looking for
a contribution to the Parade and we hope you will make their job easier by
having your contribution ready. Our expenditure is rising annually, and we are
dependent on the support of the town to host the parade.
• The Prize Pot for this
year’s Parade is €1400, so get your thinking caps on now and start planning
your float. We are hopeful that lots Boyle Businesses will enter floats
which offers a platform for advertising while also promoting all that’s
on offer in Boyle. • Watch this space for regular updates.
Boyle Chamber Lotto Results, Monday February 8th 2016
Numbers drawn: 5, 19, 21, 24
Match Three winners: M. Mullaney, L. McDermott, P. Healy, T. Harrington, Anthony Hatter
Jackpot winner: None
Thank you to all who support the draw
Next draw Monday February 15th at 11.00pm in The Patrick’s Well. Lotto Jackpot €14,890
Pancake Tuesday at Clarke's Bar & Restaurant
Clarke's Stewed Apple & Ice Cream Pancakes ... mmmh!!
Boyle GAA Club
"U12 boys Gaelic training will commence in the Complex on Wednesday 10th February from 8-9pm. Bring runners, gum shield and €2 to cover cost of complex"
Roscommon Herald - John Mulligan
"Resigning, or simply running away" is the header John has attached to his 'Kettle's Boyled' column in this week's Roscommon Herald. "I am dismayed that several aspiring TDs have committed to resigning from government if the Athlone / Monksland issue is not resolved to their satisfaction" "The last thing our county needs is to have all of its TDs sitting on the opposition benches ensuring that they miss out on every opportunity to
improve our lot." "We need our TDs sitting on the government benches because that is the only place where decisions are made; opposition TDs have neither influence nor ability to achieve anything at Oireachtas level"
• Saturday 13th Special Dinner Menu available from 5pm.
• Sunday 14th February Valentine's Day Special Sitting of Sunday lunch from 1pm.
"All customers who dine in Clarke's will be entered into a draw to win lunch for two including a bottle of wine on Mother's Day Sunday March 6th". Call Clarke's on 071 966 2064 to book your table.
Ardcarne plantsplus Garden Centres
• FREE Pruning demonstration at Ardcarne Garden Centres Boyle & Roscommon Town, Saturday 13th February 12 noon – 1pm. Discover the best way to get all your fruit trees, roses and shrubs back into shape.
• FREE Mini Garden Consultations at Ardcarne Garden Centre Boyle on Wednesday mornings in February. Get some expert advice and ideas on how to design your garden. Consultations last 20 mins and must be booked in advance. Tel: 071 966 7091
• Art Classes will begin again at Ardcarne Garden Centre Boyle, with Rebecca O’Connor, on Friday 19th February 10am-12.30 pm. The course will run for 5 weeks and costs €75. Please ring 071 966 7091 to book your place
Fastest 8 year old boy in Ireland
Mairead Supple wrote: Darragh Fahy, son of Sharon Supple and grandchild of Teresa and Bernie Supple, Garrow, Boyle, was crowned recent winner of Ireland's Fastest Feet competition in Athlone on Saturday January 30th. Darragh’s journey began in Dublin, one of four qualifying locations across Ireland, where thousands of children aged 7 and 8 were tested on their maximum speed over 20 metres. Darragh qualified from the Dublin trials in a time of 2.86 seconds.
eight kids from the four locations (Sligo, Belfast, Dublin and Cork) were brought to the state-of-the-art AIT Arena in Athlone, to race-off over 55 meters in front of a packed crowd. Having won in Athlone in a 55 metre straight sprint, Darragh is now Ireland’s fastest 8 year old boy and will now go on to represent Ireland in New York at the prestigious Millrose Games in the Fastest Kid on the Block Competition on February 20th, where he will compete with kids from all over New York.’
New Boyle TM Website
I have been reliably informed that a rejuvenated, up-to-date website for Boyle TM is now ready, and when fully proofed, will be available online. The site will be storehouse for a vast amount of information on Boyle, what is available and feature many photographs of the area and 'the town we love so well'.
Boyle Parochial School Activity Day
Today is Activity Day at Boyle Parochial School. Teachers and pupils will visit a number of venues around town.
Money for town teams (including Boyle)
Shannonside FM Report: Roscommon County Council is investing 250,000 euro in towns and villages across the county in 2016. It’s hoped the fund, which is being made available through the town teams to each municipal district, will be used for economic and community projects in each areas.
Boles of Boyle
Eddie Conroy Press Release
Neighbourhood Watch / Text Alert Meeting: A public meeting will be held on Monday 15th February at 8.30pm in Boyle Enterprise Centre. The purpose of the meeting is to gauge local interest in the formation of a text alert group across the town. All are welcome. Should sufficient support be found we will be working with our Community Garda, Michael Pilkington to establish the group.
• Text Alert enables communities to set up a Group to receive alerts advising them of suspicious or criminal activity in their area. As well as ensuring awareness among users of the service, it can also lead to them reporting suspicious activity to Gardai.
Sending the information by text means that it can be disseminated rapidly to a large amount of people in a cost-effective way.
• For further details contact Derek Dooley 086 051 9471 or Eddie Conroy 087 141 7404
New Skincare/Beauty Business in Boyle
Carmel's Skincare & Beauty, The Crescent, Boyle
Congratulations and best wishes to Carmel Regan, (Corrigeenroe) who will open her new Skincare and Beauty Salon on The Crescent, Boyle, this coming Wednesday, 10th February. Carmel wrote on her new Facebook page "I am delighted to announce the opening of my new salon 'Carmel's Skincare & Beauty' this Wednesday the 10th of February. I will be looking after all of your skincare and beauty needs. More updates to follow."
• Photos to follow later this week!
Sunday morning on Boyle Canal
Boyle GAA Club
"WE NEED YOU! Would you be prepared to give circa 6 Saturday nights per annum (one Saturday night every 10 weeks) to help on our Club Lotto teams? This is our main source of income and our teams need refreshing and augmenting. We seek new helpers from all sectors within the Club--Adult Clubs (Ladies and Men) and the Underage sector. Please give your name to any of the following;- Martin Dolan, Noel Scally, Jim McGrath."
Boyle Country Meats
Roma Grill is back in business
Lucio is back in business following his 2015 holiday and offering quality takeaway products. Shortly Lucio will add to his extensive menu ... but more about that later.
St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee Meeting
The day is fast approaching and the first meeting will be held on Tuesday 9th February at 6pm in Clarkes Bar, St.Patrick Street. We appeal to businesses in Boyle and indeed anyone who would be interested in getting involved in the organisation of the Parade to come along on Tuesday 9th, in particular, Cafes, Restaurants and Bars, as they are the main beneficiaries of the event. The Parade has drawn great crowds to the town over the last number of years and we are hoping
this year will be even bigger than before.
Tony Conboy "An Oblique View"
A scan through this week's article headers justifiable say "Must Read" ...
Roscommon 1.9 Monaghan 2.10 : Films ... "Spotlight" : Terry Wogan : The U.S. Presidential Election Campaign : ‘Fiscal space’: Sporting Local Connections
Fall in Love with Boyle Weekend
Patricia Golden wrote: "The residents of Boyle and the surrounding area are in for a treat this February 14th as the town’s business people have been working together to create a Valentine’s weekend to remember in Boyle. From live music to special Valentine’s menus in the town’s restaurants, to a whole range of special offers in stores, Boyle will be the place to “feel the love” all weekend!"
Brogans totalhealth Pharmacy
Credit Union Quiz 2016 Winners - Corrigeenroe NS
Congratulations to Corrigeenroe School's Junior and Senior quiz teams who came first in their respective categories in the Boyle Credit Union Quiz competition on Sunday last the 31st of January. Both teams now progress to the next round which will be held in the Bush Hotel in Carrick on Shannon on Sunday the 28th of February. The very best of luck to all involved. A huge thank you to the Boyle Credit Union staff and volunteers for hosting an enjoyable and well run evening.
Origin Farmers Market - every Saturday
Grandparents Day at Grange National School
What a lovely idea, and thank you so much for the photos Maeve
Ireland West Airport, Knock
• New routes 2016: Costa Dorada, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Boston (Charter)
• Book online car Parking from €25 per week
Alzheimers Charity Shop, Boyle
Front L-R: Mary O'Donohue, Margaret Glazzard, Noeleen Rudden, Maura O'Farrell
Back L-R: Angela Vincent, Deirdre Kelly, Anne Dooley, Eileen O'Dowd,
Agnes Maguire and Mary Melly
Wednesday 4th February: Alzheimers Charity Shop, Bridge Street, Boyle. Volunteers held a very pleasant and enjoyable time in Bruno's on the Crescent, Boyle.
• A framed certificate from Western Alzheimers to the Boyle volunteers read "Thank You. This certificate of appreciation is presented to the volunteers at Western Alzheimers Charity Shop, Boyle, in honour of their hard work which raised €10,467.89 during 2015
Grainne Caldbeck to perform in the musical "Annie"
Boyle's Grainne Caldbeck will be one of the star performers in the forthcoming Sligo Musical Society production of "Annie" in the Hawkswell Theatre, Sligo ... Tues 16 - Sat 20 Feb, 8pm, Sat 20 Feb, 2.30pm €20/15 u18s (conc. not available Fri/Sat evening)
Roscommon-Galway Candidate Videos on RTE
Denis Naughten (Ind)
Eddie Conroy (PBP)
Maura Hopkins (FG)
Miriam Hennesy (GP)
John Kelly (Lab)
Anne Farrell (Renua)
Claire Kerrance (SF)
Michael Fitzmaurice (Ind Alliance)
Election 2016 posters will come quickly. Keith Suffin is pictured here recommending "Vote No 1 Maura Hopkins".
• realboyle.com will be delighted to feature material from all of the candidates in the Roscommon Galway constituency with a presence in and around Boyle.
"BECAUSE ONE LIFE LOST IS ONE TOO MANY"
Roisin Rushe wrote: My skydive campaign for Youth Suicide Prevention Ireland. I have a personal target of €600, €250 of this will go towards my expenses for the actual skydiving process that will take place as soon as I reach my target. People can donate and sponsor me online by clicking on the link below and also in the coming weeks I will have a sponsorship card on hand so people can approach me directly to donate.
Boyle Garage to let
Garage to let on Green Street, Boyle with office and attic space, parking area and new lift. Contact Simon on 086 404 1830
There are 34,004 images on the realboyle Flickr website since 2007. Most are photos, a small number are submitted/edited photos and the rest are graphic images I have created. As promised, I select images each month for you and provide links for your perusal.
The full list of personnel changes by Roscommon CEO Eugene Cummins will be published on Monday, but before then, we are aware of two affecting the Boyle area:
• Boyle Area Engineer Bernard Murray finishes here today (Friday) and will take up his new position on Monday in Roscommon/Strokestown. Realboyle is delighted to send Bernard best wishes and a big 'thank you' for his 25 years in this area. Bernard will be replaced in this area by Michael Conlon
• Popular Boyle man Derek Caldbeck is set to take up his new brief as Acting Head of Finance and Housing as well as Information and Communication Technology.
Derek Caldbeck : realboyle photo
Stewarts 24 Hour Filling Stations
Boyle GAA Club Draw - Win a trip to New York
1st prize also includes Transfer from the Airport to Hotel, to and from the Match and from the Hotel to the Airport. Tickets are available from Club officials and members
Congratulations Tegan Egan ...
Tegan Egan, daughter of Eileen and PJ Egan, Green Street headed off for Germany and Belgium this Wednesday evening as one of four prize-winning Youth Reach students from Ireland. Tegan wrote; "We were offered a task of our choice, and I knew I wanted my task to be about bullying" "I have been bullied in the past, and also lost a friend to suicide. it's the worst feeling when someone is driven to death and pushed that far to make them hate their life,
not want to live anymore"
Tegan's thesis is quite a harrowing exposure of what happens "behind closed doors and out of camera view". Parents are well aware that bullying happens even in our small community, and should watch for signs that their own children may be victims.
Tegan wrote "Signs your child is being bullied include when he or she ...
• Loses interest in visiting or talking with friends
• Is afraid of going to school or other activities with peers.
• Begins to do poorly at school
• Appears sad, moody, angry anxious or depressed
• Talks about suicide
• Feels helpless
• Blames themselves for their problems
• Suddenly has fewer friends
• Avoids certain places"
Ardcarne Remembers 1913-1923.
The Ardcarne Remembers (1913-1923) Committee has organised commemorative weekend events to take place from April 29 to May 2, 2016 in the Crossna Community Centre, Cleen Hall, Knockvicar. The opening address on Friday evening, April 29, will be given by Mr Michael Mc Dowell, SC.
The speakers on Saturday, May1, will be Professor Luke Gibbons, Dr John Morrissey, Oliver Fallon, Turtle Bunbury, May Moran, Patricia Molloy and Dr Kieran O’Conor.
Marc Egan from Rockingham is one of Boyle's finest and respected singers and will feature on The Voice of Ireland Blind Auditions this Sunday evening, RTE One TV. We remember his outstanding performance in Boyle Musical Society's 2014 production of "Grease".
• See Marc live in Daly's Lounge this Saturday night 30th January from 10pm
Boyle Garda Station
Though Boyle Garda Station office is open for restricted hours, we should be aware that Garda presence is available here 24/7 as evidenced by early morning activity today ... 2 patrol cars + unmarked cars at a house in Greatmeadow.
Boyle Garda Station now opens as follows :-
Monday 12noon to 5pm, and 8pm to 10pm
Tuesday 12noon to5 pm and 8pm to 10pm
Wednesday 12noon to 5pm and 8pm to 10pm
Thursday 3pm to 5pm and 8pm to 11pm
Friday 9pm to 11pm
Saturday 11am to 1pm
Sunday 11am to 1pm
Feighan welcomes €9m in funding
Fine Gael TD for Roscommon/South Leitrim, Frank Feighan, has welcomed €1.14m in funding for Plunkett Community Nursing Unit in Boyle.
Deputy Feighan is also welcoming €9m in funding to upgrade the Sacred Heart Hospital in Roscommon.
"After a long fought campaign, I am delighted that the money has been finally secured to upgrade the facilities at Sacred Heart Hospital in Roscommon and Plunkett Community Nursing Unit in Boyle. "I am also very pleased that funding has been allocated to Aras Mathair Pol in Castlerea, which will receive €850,000 and St Patrick's in Carrick-on-Shannon which will receive €300,000." "This funding will now help to bring all three facilities in line with HIQA standards."
Cllr. Maura Hopkins Press Releases
Cllr Maura Hopkins has published a number of new Press Releases covering a range of topics. January 25th, Hopkins addresses Ard Fheis to introduce Taoiseach ; January 21st, Prepared to vote against Government if elected on Roscommon boundary Issue : January 20th, Agreement reached on Loughglynn ambulance base : January 18th, Councillor Maura Hopkins calls for investment in stroke rehabilitation services : January 15th, Hopkins urges farmer to apply for fodder scheme
22nd : January 2nd, Hopkins welcomes decreases to income taxes now active
Eddie Conroy Press Release / Blog
OIL PRICES TUMBLE - SO WHY NO DROP IN ELECTRICITY OR GAS BILLS? The average wholesale price of oil and gas has fallen by 40 percent but electricity and gas consumers have hardly noticed any price fall.
Today's "Blast From The Past" article is a treasurehouse of memories that many of us could share, and a special insight for others into times and events long gone ...
Photo: Leitrim Equation
Statistics may show Leitrim to have the smallest population in Ireland but when it comes to trad music, literature, dance and theatre it packs heavy punches. One of the latest ventures to emanate from a group of artists there is the Leitrim Equation concert performance which features the best of Leitrim music combined with poetry, dance and film in one carefully crafted show.
• Following its sell out premiere in Leitrim and at the RADA theatre in London, this wonderful show is returning home to a performance in Dublin at the Samuel Beckett Theatre on Friday 12th February.
Frank Feighan Press Release
Loughglynn ambulance base to be operational on February 1st. Roscommon/South Leitrim TD, Frank Feighan, has welcomed the news that the Loughglynn ambulance base will become operational on February 1st.
"I’m pleased that agreement has been reached between unions representing ambulance personnel and the HSE at the Workplace Relations Commission on deploying resources to Loughglynn
Corrigeenroe NS Enrolment day
St. Teresa’s National School, Corrigeenroe, Boyle, Co. Roscommon. Enrolment day: Friday 12th. February, 2016 Phone: 071 966 6162 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Boyle/Roscommon Physio Conor McGowan - a Life-Saver
Air Corps Helicopter at Rathcline GAA grounds Sunday 24th January
Photo submitted by a realboyle.com viewer
Tony Conboy wrote: "Huge plaudits and praise to Boyle Physio (Ballymote native) Conor McGowan for his life-saving intervention on Saturday evening last. Conor was Physio for the Roscommon U 21 team versus Leitrim in a Hasting’s Cup game which was being played at Rathcline, Lanesboro, Co. Longford.
• During the game a Leitrim player, Alan McTague, developed sudden life-threatening issues. Conor rushed to his aid and applied life-saving protocols such as CPR. He was assisted by the Leitrim physio. Officials also provided the GAA Club’s defibrillator which proved vital and Alan was treated until emergency services arrived.
He was then taken by helicopter to University College Hospital Galway where he has made excellent progress. The swift action of on-site physios from Leitrim and Roscommon as well as support staff has been widely praised.
• It is understood Alan suffered no injuries as a result of the incident and his recovery is progressing as normal. The game was called off at that point. Frankie Dolan, one of the U21 selectors, in talking to match commentator Willie Hegarty in Tuam yesterday about what happened suggested that teams might now consider bringing defibrillators to games as part of their medical back-up in case they happen to be playing in a grounds that did not have one.
• Chairperson of the Leitrim GAA county board, Terence Boyle says defibrillators are an integral part of ensuring people’s safety and should never be taken for granted.
It is interesting that running in the Boyle GAA Facebook notes just now is the following; • “One place left on Defibrillator/Basic life support training taking place next Saturday 30th in the Boyle GAA clubhouse. To book contact Jan on 086 0667163”. Saturday’s incident certainly highlights the huge importance of this process and provision.
• Anyway Conor well done and you have a Leitrim family and the GAA community ever in your debt."
The Save Roscommon campaign is picking up support in Paraguay thanks to Gearoid Cunniffe's worldwide #saveroscommon campaign
Boyle Credit Union - car loans
"Own your car from day one with no balloon payment, no lease, no HP or administration charges. Talk to us about a Boyle Credit Union Car Loan on 071 966 3144 or email email@example.com"
Pilates Classes for Beginners to Intermediate continue on Thursday mornings 10am to11am and Friday evenings 7pm-8pm at St Josephs Resource Centre Boyle. Contact Linda on 0877 866 866.
Lough Key Forest Park, Sunday 24th January
Government anti-Credit Union policies?
MEP Marian Harkin is accusing the government of attempting to divert deposits from the Credit Union to the banks, and of wanting to restrict the Credit Unions from offering mortgages for the gain of the Central Bank. Minister for Finance, Michael Noonan approved restrictions on the amount of deposits members can hold in their Credit Union of €100,000 on individual deposits.
From Boyle to Zambia - appeal for donations
"My name is Emma Tiernan from Warren Way. I am a 2nd year student in Marino studying BSC in Education. At the beginning of the summer I will be spending 6 weeks as a teaching assistant in Zambia, Africa. I am looking for sponsorship to fulfil this ambition. The total amount I need to raise is €3000. This is not only for me but also will benefit the students in which I will be teaching. Any donations big or small is greatly appreciated. Thank you."
• Please make a Donation [here...]
Denis Naughten: Thursday 21st January 2016: Loughglynn - Ireland's only blackspot. without an ambulance. Lights are on, but no ambulance and no service for 30k people
• Denis Naughten TD has branded the failure by the HSE to provide a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week ambulance service at the Loughglynn base to service the West Roscommon and East Mayo area as a ‘national disgrace’.
• The HSE has spent €70,000 refurbishing a Garda station which had previously been refurbished and then closed, in order to provide an emergency ambulance base for Ireland’s only official ambulance blackspot.
Eddie Conroy:Thursday 21st
January 2016: IRISH WATER WARS
The news that 3500 people in Roscommon are now on another boil water notice comes as no shock where Irish Water are involved. They are a glorified, tax collecting, shambles.
All the historical research has been gathered, all of the art pieces have been made and collected and displayed. The video work has been installed and the architectural constructions have been built. The last part of our commemoration to the events of 1916 are the music and the drama which will be performed in the Dock, Carrick-on-Shannon this evening at 6.30. This is a free event and all are welcome.
• This event is in partnership with Carrigallen Vocational School.
Cycleway linking Lough Key Forest Park and Boyle town
Roscommon County Council is to seek funding for a Lough Key to Boyle cycleway in 2016. Over €400,000 has already been granted to develop a route from Knockvicar through wood and bogland to the Lough Key Forest Park.
• Roscommon County Council will seek further funding to develop a cycleway linking Lough Key Forest Park and Boyle town this year.
St. Joseph's B.N.S., Enrolments
St. Joseph's B.N.S., Enrolment Forms for 2016/2017 school year will be available from the school office from Monday 25th January 2016. Completed enrolment forms must be returned to St. Joseph’s B.N.S. on or before Friday 5th February 2016.